Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Meet God on the Mountain

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. – Isaiah 53:5

Upon occasion we are all placed in a situation that lends itself to teaching us a hard lesson. There’s a moral, a reason, a cause that we need to “suffer.” Unfortunately, we as humans have the innate ability to seek out reasons that become these same hard lessons. This makes us somewhat of a needy species.

However, the process in which the Father grooms us is the same, only our circumstance changes. We still push our way through the school of hard knocks and force the hand of fate to slap us with unreasonable circumstances.

I love my East Tennessee home. It’s location, it’s mountains, it’s serenity, makes what I call home, the next closest thing to heaven. So when I woke up one morning, feeling as though the world was crushing in on me, I felt it was time I met God on the mountain. It was time I went to Him, to the highest point between heaven and earth, and hash out my issues.

How often do we meet God on the mountain? My guess is, not nearly enough. I have found that one unique spot where I can go, sit, shout out loud, and only the Father will hear me. I can fall to my knees and cry out that I am unworthy of the immense love and dedication that He offers me. When I meet God on the mountain, He offers me a taste, a sweet, sweet taste of His encompassing power. His peace. His loving forgiveness.

God truly knows what I sinner I am for He sees beneath the thickened surface I call my skin, and He dwells within me. Am I perfect? Heavens no–far from it. Am I worthy – not by any stretch of the imagination yet still, I am healed by His wounds. Everytime I sin I strike His torn body, yet again. And everytime I strike, He lifts His head and burns His amazing forgiveness into my soul with his all-seeing eyes. He, through the torment and agony, musters a smile and says, “My wounds have healed you.”

We are the unworthy made worthy. We are accepted, disciplined, and forgiven. For us, He suffered. For us, He died. Does He regret His sacrifice? Never. Meet God on the mountain. Find Him in the place that is serene to you, but seek Him and find Him. For me, it is literally the mountain; the place I can stand on the edge, and peer out over His majesty– more so, I can know that I have been given peace, and am healed by His wounds.

Prayer: God on the mountain, we come to You torn and tattered, in search of Your healing love.

No comments: