Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Sunday, November 11, 2007

I Can't Get Enough


The LORD make his face to shine upon you” – Numbers 6:24


If you know me at all, it’s not hard to figure out where I go when I need to bask in the Son. Ask anyone. Their response is, “She meets God on the mountain.”

When I need to think, to ponder – I find myself on the bluff overlooking the river. There’s this huge rock that juts out over the water (not a place I find myself looking straight down very often…things will start to spin), but if I sit there and stare across the water, wow. I’m completely taken in by the peace. See, that’s where I’m sure God spends His evenings. Leaned back on a rock, feet extended and crossed at the ankles, hands locked behind His head, observing what He’s created.

I can go there, sit down and swear He nudges me to move over so He can join me. The quiet is almost deafening, however still serene and placid. All I have to do is open my eyes and try not to blink. Hold my eyes open until the tears puddle and drip down my cheeks, because if I close them for even a second, I’ll miss an expression on God’s face.

The breeze gently whispers through the leaves, reminding me of the sound of the ocean waves washing on the beach-- that constant in and out swish. First soft, then escalating, and falling back into soft again. Though I find I have to really pay attention or I can’t hear His words over the beauty. Paying attention is not something I’m good at, still God doesn’t seem to mind. He knows I’ve come to spend time with Him and that’s all that matters at the time.

I often wonder if He tires of me. Gawking over His mountain like I do, but I can’t seem to get it out of my head. I know when I’m here I’m soaking in as much of God as I can stand. For me, I never tire. Lose patience upon occasion, but never tire of the beauty of the Father. I long for Him to gaze upon me and call me His own and hope that I am a worthy addition to the slot in His day He’s carved out for “me time.”

I love to meet God on the mountain. It’s His territory, a place I’m allowed the opportunity to visit for a short time. Borrow for a while, even lust after. When I feel as though my legs have been taken from beneath me, sad and alone, the mountain is where I seek His presence. You see, I know He’s always there --sitting on the ledge, picking His teeth with a twig and waiting for me to join Him.

When He turns His face toward me I am filled with a comfortable warmth, a peace. Fulfilled, so to speak. Revived.
If you want to find me, just look on the mountain. I’ll be reclining on the boulder over the bluff, smiling, taking in the brightness He shines on me. Just me on the mountain with God.

No comments: