Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Monday, June 2, 2008

Guest Devotionalist -- Kathie Krakowski







Get Out of Your Comfy Chair






Click on this button to hear this devotion Listen to Get Out of Your Comfy Chair, by - Kathie Krakowski




".....I was in the Citadel of Susa....." Nehemiah 1:1b



Can I just say how much I love my power recliner? It is a big, comfy chair in my family room. I am the only one who sits in it. From this chair I watch TV, use my laptop, eat, even fall asleep. It is my version of a power tool (along with my juicer). To say that it's a place of comfort is an understatement. I cannot sit in that chair 24-7, but there are days when I want to do just that. Some days I don't feel well, or I am dog-tired. Some days I am facing a challenge that frightens me. I think Nehemiah had a day like that. He heard about the condition of Jerusalem's walls, and the people living there, and for days he sat and cried and didn't eat. Do you know the rest of the story?

The book of Nehemiah is one of my favorites for several reasons. It's about trusting God in the face of adveristy, and persevering in spirt of overwhelming odds. It's a story about mercy, restoration, forgiveness, joy, and the faithful and tender heart of our gracious God. And it's a gratifying story of an underdog coming out on top. When I read this book, I see Nehemiah prayed, planned, and perserved. The task before him was enormous and he faced tremendous opposition, but by God's grace, he was victorious. I never tire of reading it.

The last time I read Nehemiah, I chose the NIrV, which translates "citadel" as "the safest place". This makes sense, a citadel was the safest place in a city. Before Nehemiah could meet the challenge God had assigned him, he had to choose to leave a known place of comfort and safety for the hardships and dangers of the unknown. I realize my chair cannot compare with a citadel, but it is a place of comfort. I feel most safe where I am most comfortable.
The point is, my comfort and safety cannot be found in a place, or a chair, but only in the living God. He gives me everything I need to accomplish every task He sets before me, but I still have to choose to take on the assignment...and sometimes that means I have to get out of my comfy chair.Christian Devotions


Kathie Krakowski is a resident of Bear, Delaware. She is a wife, a mom, and a new grandmom (although she prefers to be called "Kiki"). She has been a pre-kindergarten teacher at a private Christian school in Newark, DE for the past 20 years and loves reading to children and teaching them how much Jesus loves them. She is a passionate worshiper of Jesus, the Lover of her soul, and enjoys expressing her devotion to Him through poetry. She also enjoys writing for children; including songs, tongue-twisters, and a series of alphabet stories that she hopes to have published.

No comments: