Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Monday, June 9, 2008

Guest Devotionalist -- Terri Kelly

He Has PlansLooking at the ocean - Aaron
By: Terri Kelly

Click on this button to hear this devotion Listen to He Has A Plan by - Terri Kelly

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -- Jeremiah 29:11

Devastated. Defeated. Divorced.

By the time I was 36, I had been married twice and had a young daughter. No more marriage for me. I'd made plans.

I changed jobs, bought a condominium and began a new habit. I prayed for God to plan each day.

One spring evening, I attended a local country dance, and in the middle of a promenade, I glanced at a tall, dark, and regal man. Before the evening was over, the handsome King David look alike had asked me to dance.

A year later, we'd danced our way to the altar. We began to pray for a son. After not conceiving, we visited the fertility doctor. He gave us the diagnosis that our chances of a child were slim.

Again and again we prayed. "Dear Father, will you bless us with a son?"

Grouchy and tired one morning, I decided to try another pregnancy test. God had answered my prayer. Four tests later the blue positive lines validated I was pregnant. I called my husband and the the doctor's office.

"I believe I need to see a doctor immediately. I'm expecting."

"We have you scheduled for 8:30 a.m. in seven weeks."

I hung up afraid that I would miscarry before the appointment. Hey, I'm nearly "over-the-having-a-baby-age," but God had answered one prayer, so I clung tight to His blessing, and trusted He had a plan.

Four boxes of saltines and sixteen six-packs of Sprite later, I'd passed the curvey road of nausea. My appointment rolled around.

"You're doing great," the doctor said. "Any questions?"

"Yes. Are there restrictions?"

"No restrictions," replied the doctor.

"But....."and my voice trailed off into a squeaky whimper. The doctor said I was healthy. Why the whining? I needed to model God's power within me.

Everyday I see God's presence in my life. A Godly husband, a daughter, and now a son. My plans were different than God's. "For I know the plans I have for you, you.....plans to give you hope and a future."

What if I had not prayed? What if I hadn't made the choice to submit my daily plans-- my life to God? Things might have been different.

How about you? Have you asked God to plan your day, guide your future? If you pray, you can expect an answer. He has big plans for you.


Terri KellyTerri Kelly and her husband, Allen, are blessed with a daughter and a son. She calls North Carolina home. In her spare time, she and Allan work on their business, which is currently undergoing a transformation. Terri holds a master's degree in elementary education and has taught for 'umpteen' years prior to her current "stay-at-home mother" job. Writing pursuits include educational grants, children's curriculum, teacher's tips, and a children's book manuscript. She prays daily for words to write, words to teach, and words to keep silent.

No comments: