Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Friday, August 10, 2007

Saying I Love You


I love you, O Lord, my strength. – Psalm 18:1

Saying I love you is difficult for many. Some fear commitment while others find the words sound saucy. However, saying I love you is very scriptural, and saying it to the Father is equally as scriptural.

Why three simple words are so difficult to say is amazing to me, but we find ourselves tongue-tied much of the time. The fact of the matter is, saying I love you is one of the most important things we can do.

The words do not have to mean marriage, but they do convey an inner emotion that others need to hear and one we need to learn to share. When we say these words the recipient feels a connection to us, whether by physical love or by emotional love. Imagine how God feels when, as a parent, we tell Him we love Him. His heart must leap with joy that we care so much.

Learning to incorporate these emotions into our prayers draws us closer to the Father. These words validate the love we share with God and they deepen our relationship with Him.

Practice saying I love you. Practice it with your family and practice it even more with the Father. It’s one commitment you can always count on.

Prayer: I love you, O Lord, my strength.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Dad had a heartattack and open heart surgery this past February. When the members of the his church came to see him, they always ended their visit with a hug for him and my mother and said "I love you". Tell your family and friends often that you love them. Never assume they know this. No one ever grows tired of hearing those three little words.