Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wee Wisdom


We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. - Colossians 1:28


Lexy dropped her book satchel at the door and fell into the loving arms of her dad. He brushed her hair away from her eyes, then kissing her forehead, he asked about her day. "I felt God today, daddy."

Surprised that his seven-year-old could grasp the concept of feeling God, he asked her to tell him about it.

"At recess, I walked to the fence at the bottom of the mountain. I laid in the grass and it was quiet. I closed my eyes and felt this warm breeze come into my body. At first I thought it was just the wind. But then, it was peaceful and I knew right that minute, it was God. I felt God today, daddy."

Regardless of our age, we are never too old to learn. Sometimes our greatest teachers are the wee ones who see God on a different plane than adults. Their eyes see a clear picture and their minds listen willingly to the still small voice that we often shrug away. But their greatest moments are when they genuinely seek and know the truth because the Father has touched their hearts.

Christ wants us to come to him with the heart of a child and to seek Him with willingness and in innocence. Then He can breathe His presence into our soul. Children never seem to have longings. They are content in the simple trust they have.

I asked God today, "How do I find that childlike innocence?" He looked at me with tender eyes and brushed the breeze across my face. He warmed me with His presence, took me into His love, and gave me peace. In that moment, I asked Him once more to take my heart as His own. The sounds of the world faded away and for an instant, I felt God.

If you have not laid in the grass and listened for the Father. If you have not invited Him into your heart, it is never too late. Lexy felt God today and she's seven. I felt him in my heart, too -guided there by the wisdom of a wee one. Won't you listen? Won't you seek after Him. He promises if we seek Him, we will find Him.

No comments: