Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Thursday, April 17, 2008

IN THE BEGINNING.....


In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surfaceof the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. - Genesis 1:1-2

IN THE BEGINNING......

Joseph pulled to the edge of the road and shoved the gearshift into park. Reaching overhead he punched the light by the rearview mirror. He flipped open his map and ran his finger along Interstate 81. Where in heavens name am I?

He should have listened to his wife when she suggested purchasing a new map. His were old. Besides maps don't change that much. Joseph rolled his eyes. I hate it when she's right. As much as it hurt him to admit it, he was lost. With no signs of life for miles, a quarter of a tank of gas, and darkness closing in, he wondered where he'd gone wrong. If he could only start over.

How often have we been lost and wandering, and let's not mention -low on gas. We'd never want to admit it out loud, but we become afraid and start to wonder what will we do if- There have been plenty of times I've wanted to start from the beginning and see if I can fix the things that have gotten messed up. In fact, I did that today. I asked God if we could just start from the beginning.

God, in his infinite wisdom said yes, because He offers me His grace as a result of Christ. When I think of the times the Father has allowed me to go back to the beginning and start again, it's very humbling. Imagine what it must have been like for Him "in the beginning." He was able to take a formless clump of darkness and shape it into all we see today. I've wondered about me as a nothingness, and I've wondered if each time I fall to my knees and ask for forgiveness, does the Father sees me as formless and darkness. I hope so, because then, a smile will part His lips as He re-forms me from the beginning.

In the beginning God created. You and I are part of that creation. I, for one, am glad my heavenly Father is somewhat artistic. Each time He starts over on me, He forms me as beautifully as He did the first time, and each time I mess up His work, He forgives me and starts again.

Search for God in His Creation and you will find Him.

No comments: