Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Monday, December 3, 2007

Seeking His Comfort

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. – 1 Corinthians 1:3-4

There is not one of us who has not experienced uncertainty, hurt, or pain. It seems the way of the world to jerk us around, reeking havoc in our somewhat peaceful lives. Our problem may be illness, trouble with a child, or a tough decision. Still it doesn’t matter what the issue is – what matters, is finding the peace to live with the outcome.

When I took my walk with the Father, I asked Him, “How do I find comfort when my heart is heavy, when life is shoving me in every direction?” I felt Him snug me tight under His armpit and that was what comfort “felt” like.

“You trust that I will provide. I will use the situation to show you good when your eyes are ready to see.”

“Meanwhile, I’m miserable?”

“Maybe, if you choose to dwell in unhappiness. But if you step forward in faith, you’ll find rest. It may not be complete resolve, but you’ll find comfort and acceptance. I’ll provide that for you – even if the situation doesn’t turn out to suit you. Better yet, when you least expect it, you’ll be able to relate that peace to someone else. They can, in turn, share with someone else – so the hand of peace continues to extend.”

“So comfort is not resolve?”

“Nope. Not always. But it is acceptance and peace. So trust me.”

God has never once promised us life would be easy. Even His son had a difficult life on earth. He does, however, promise us an abiding comfort when we ask. We must be willing to ask, to seek, and to wait for the peace He will provide. His grace is sufficient for us.

I felt the Father gently kiss my forehead. “Do you remember who’s tender kisses brought you comfort?” He asked me. A flood of memories dumped into my head –good memories.

“I do. Daddy used to kiss me on the forehead.”

“And what did you find in that kiss?”

“Comfort.”

“There you have it. Things are not better, but you’re okay. Comfort.”

God makes such good sense when we listen for His voice – when we give Him the opportunity to work in our lives. It’s not always easy, but there is comfort to be found and we are able to share that with others when they are in need. It’s like He says, “His grace is sufficient for us.” What comfort!

Prayer: Precious Father, when my life seems out of sorts, offer me comfort and give me good eyes to see it.

No comments: