Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Monday, December 10, 2007

In His Creation...


This is what God the Lord says - he who created the heavens and stretched them out who spread out the earth and all that comes of it, who gives breath to its people and life to those who walk on it.....I am the Lord; this is my name!
Isaiah 42:5 & 8




I recently stood on The Chimney Top, a beautiful point in the Smokies, and as I stared across the pass, the realization of the Father's handiwork was almost more than I could absorb. I wondered just for a moment, if this was heaven. Looking down from so far above the rest of the world, I asked God, "Is this what it's like to be in heaven?" A breeze brushed past me, wrapping my hair around my face. Looking over my shoulder I could imagine the Father, sitting leaned against a tree, legs crossed and hands clasped together behind His head. He was so serene - so pleased that I had come.


He patted the ground next to Him and motioned for me to sit - and I did. He pulled me close to his chest and kissed my head as only a father can do with his children. Yet He said nothing. Instead, He began to hum and that surprised me. I'd never thought about God humming before. He rocked gently from side to side and softly sang to me. When His voice left His mouth, the wind grasped hold and carried it across the pass. Everything hushed to listen. A deer lifted her head from her grazing, slowly closing her eyes as she raised her nose into the air. Her head gently cocked to one side and her ears flicked. She was touched by the sound. The trees leaned toward the echo and there was no doubt they heard.


We so often think of God's creation in such simple terms, when in fact there is nothing simple about it. Looking at the river bed alone, staring at the boulders and their immense side makes you ask, "Father, how did you do this? The rocks aren't randomly placed rather they are meticulously set in the perfect spot for the water to rush across them in just the right way." He smiles and continues to rock me in His arms.


God could have stopped at the creation of the world. He didn't have to add man. He already knew the outcome when he scooped that hand full of dirt and formed Adam. Still His world was not complete without us. He made us anyway - unworthy and undeserving of any of His glorious works. He wants to share His creation just as He shared His son. He had given us everything. Absolutely everything. Did you realize that? He has given everything without hesitation. What kind of love is that? Certainly one I have difficulty getting my mind around.


So, I scooted in just a bit closer as my Father in heaven filled me with His glory. I felt His peace, enjoyed His comfort, renewed in His presence. In His creation I sought Him and He was there. We talked awhile, but mostly I listened as He filled the mountains with His voice - something I never imagined God doing. He is a God of surprises and just when I think there is nothing unique left, He hums..... and he does it for me.

No comments: