Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Monday, November 17, 2008

He is Everything -- Cindy Sproles

He is Everything


Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.” Revelation 4:8

I believe prayer is essential. In fact my personal prayer time has grown to lengths I never expected. Early on, it was hard to lie down at night and pray. My intentions were good. I began bedtime with prayer but rarely remembered getting past thanking God for my family before I fell into a deep sleep. But really, it was okay. God knew my prayers because He’s omniscient (all knowing).
Soon I realized I needed to make a greater effort in my prayers, perhaps change when I prayed—see if I could keep my eyes open or closed or….whatever. I opted for my quiet time in the tub. When I crawled in the tub my family left me alone, a perfect prayer opp; but my mind wandered on the events of the day. Still, God knows my prayers because He is omnipresent (always there).
Finally I grew into my prayer life. I began to rise early and pray for five minutes. Chincey, but an effort. I wrote my prayers down. Soon my efforts became desires and I longed for the time I had with Christ one-on-one. My prayers grew longer and more intense, more directed…..more personal as God crept into my heart and burrowed in for the long haul.
I can’t say God answers my prayers more than an occasional one. Still I continue to pray even when I think He has turned a deaf ear, and even when I feel He’s refusing to answer. I guess there are times He doesn’t answer because in His omniscience, He knows the hurt lies in the reply.
But I’m persistent. And through every instance of my life I’ve prayed, God is omnipotent (all powerful and with all authority). He never leads me astray. Even when I don’t understand His will.
Do you really pray? Do you truly seek after the Master even when the answer is no? Make the effort.
God is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient. He is now, he was, and is what’s to come. He’s never surprised and He never learns anything new because He already knows everything. So trust in His presence. Trust in His authority. And trust in His knowledge. He is, after all, God.


Cindy Sproles, along with Eddie Jones
is the co-founder of ChristianDevotions.us.
Together they host Christian Devotions Speak
Up on BlogTalk Radio.com and
author the popular He Said, She Said
Devotions.

No comments: