Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Monday, July 14, 2008

Guest Devotionalist -- Sue Falcone


Click on this button to hear this devotion - Listen to Got Duck Tape- By Sue Falcone



GOT DUCK TAPE?

"All we like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him (Jesus) the iniquity (sins) of us all."--Isaiah 53:6

We all have heard and used the wonderful product, Duck Tape. It was created and manufactured in 1942 by Johnson and Johnson. It was for use in World War II, to keep moisture out the ammunition cases. It was named "Duck Tape" because it was waterproof. The military personnel, just as we have done today, found that "Duck Tape" had many more uses.

"Duck Tape" was created to be a temporary fix for our problems; but as a young child I choose to invent my own personal roll to be the permanent fix for my life.

I spent many years filled with bad choices, many broken relationships, always having a weight problem, financial worries, and being performance driven resulting in over-working and wanting to be perfect. I had trusted and received Jesus at an early age, but had not given Him my roll of "Duck Tape." I was like a lost sheep and had gone my own way.

Then facing early retirement, being an empty nester and heavily overweight and deep in debt, all my life fell apart. For the first time I realized I had spent my life applying pieces from my roll of "Duck Tape" to fix my life instead of putting my faith in Jesus Christ.

I cried out to God and He heard me. He had never left me and showed me how to change from the inside-out. He has given me a new life work which includes speaking, writing and singing for Him. I am so thankful and grateful that I no longer live in a prison of my past, but face each new day with God's love and forgiveness.

Hope for You

Today are you looking for true joy, peace and contentment in your life? Have you searched and it never seemed to last? Do you need a Savior and a friend? Today call on Jesus and you can have a new beginning that is a permanent answer, not just a temporary fix like "Duck Tape."


Sue Falcone

Sue Falcone had spent a lifetime avoiding her fears. She journeyed through an abusive childhood, the stress of divorce and single parenting, as well as the challenge of raising step children. As a gifted speaker and teacher God has called Sue to use her unique presentation of encouragement and humor to help others overcome their fears. Skilled as a former "corporate America" manager, Sue is a graduate of Dale Carnegie and is a speaker for Stonecroft Ministries- Christian Women's Clubs. She is a successful small business owner and is certified in the areas of time management, financial counseling, and sales and marketing. Sue is married to Carmen, and together they have a blended family of 4 awesome children and 6 grandchildren. She loves the beach, walking, music, reading and inspiring others to find faith in Jesus Christ and have fun living fear-free.

THE LIGHTHOUSE OF HOPE - by Sue Falcone is available through her website and will be in bookstore soon


Labels: , , ,

No comments: