Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Seeking the Light


This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5




I walked the edge of the river one morning, the sun streaked the sky with splashes of color, swirled with deep strokes of an artists' brush. The water skipped the jutting rocks surrounding them. Laying across a long boulder my hand floated and tugged at my arm as though it were a boat tied to a dock fighting the rolling tide.

The morning soon lent itself to afternoon and I closed my eyes beneath the mixture of a tender breeze and a warming sun falling into rest. The water sang its lullaby and when I woke, the afternoon had become dusk. Each breath I took was as though I was drawing the remaining light from the sky. Night cloaked the river and the clear blue of the waters became blackness with no hope of light.

Stepping onto the log, my way to the path, shards of bark dangled from its surface and the dew covered it making my way treacherous. The looming darkness of the water and the night met and I fell to my knees, crawling on all fours in search of flicker of light to find my way. My chest tightened as fear sought me. Looking to the sky I saw a glimmer of the moon, a ray of light.

We can describe sin in many ways, from the deepest darkness to the most beautifully cloaked flower, but regardless of the picture we paint we are still lost in the blackness. Buried beneath the depths of sin, the only hope we harbor is the ray of light that is God. Over and over scripture describes Him as the light, the ray of brightness that shows us the way -- the promise of truth that saves us. When your heart is heavy and you are lost in the wilderness, turn to Him, the promise of light, and He will guide you through.

No comments: