Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Psalm 20 - Paraphrased



Upon occasion, God speaks fluently to my heart through the Psalms. When we read Psalms we can find the darkest parts of the heart, to the most joyful of places. These scripture hold the depths of every emotion and for me, reading them and then writing them in my own words drives home the meaning. Psalm 20 is a wish, a prayer, a hope for us or for our friends and family. The words could easily have been a letter written to our dearest friend. Take the words of Psalm 20 and read them revisited through my eyes.

These are the things I wish for you, the things I pray fervently for you. I lift you in prayer that God will hear you and answer you when your heart wears heavy. I pray that He will protect you. You see, I know full well He send help from His kingdom. He will come beneath you and support you, never letting you fall. He will remember you are a faithful and obedient servant and how you have fallen before Him in times past, lifting praise and glory to His name.
I pray that he will bless you with the desires of your heart and when you offer your works to Him in His name, that He would bless them, giving you a taste of success. And when He does, I will be cheering for you as you cross the finish line, thrilled you have made an amazing run. Then together we will praise His name for the blessings He has given to you. I pray God will grant your requests.

I believe fully that the Lord saves those he has taken as His own, those who have come to Him and when they hit hard times or suffer He provides His saving power to heal in ways we cannot imagine.

There are those who put their trust in worldly things, but me.....you.....we put our trust in the Father, the Almighty, the Sovereign God. Those whose hearts are given to the world are brought down when despair hits, but us, those of us who believe in the Father, stand firm. Rock solid.

Oh God, you are our king. Hear us and answer us when we call!

No comments: