Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Friday, January 25, 2008

God Paints the Sunrise

(Photo by Karma Shuford)









And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from darkness. God called the light “day” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning –the first day. –Genesis 1:3-6

Sunrises are one of the most beautiful things in the world. There’s nothing like stepping outside, leaning against a tree and soaking in every second as God draws a new day on the canvas of night. The world begins in total darkness, pitch black, and within a matter of minutes the transformation happens.

Just over the horizon a pinhole appears. I have to squint at first. Is it just another star in the distance? But it widens to a slit. The first inkling of light squeezes through the crack spilling over into the darkness like froth on a too-full cup of coffee. A white burst turns into a hazed- over pink, and then finally lavender. One color after another stretches across the sky like the tentacles – reaching, grasping at the last hope of night. Before long the brightness of the light becomes a wave washing over the dark sky taking away all that was hidden by the night. The world opens her eyes and sees the beauty of the light. It’s amazing.

I often wonder how I would react if the sun chose not to shine. The light is healing, therapeutic, warming for the soul. For me, constant darkness would be devastating, leaving me cold and lost with nothing to light my way.

When God crafted the world He began with daylight, offering the void of emptiness respite. With the light He provided hope and within the hope He gave us His promise --a promise to heal our hurt and offer us an opportunity to open our eyes renewed and fresh into a new day.

So today when I took my morning walk and watched the sky open its eyes, I asked the Father, “How do you do it?”

“Do what?” He whispered on the breeze. As if He didn’t already know.

“How do you paint such different pictures every day? Better yet, why?”

“My portfolio is vast. I have an eternity of paintings to choose from, and you ask why? Because I can. Because I want to. Because I care that you see the “newness of new” every day. When your heart is sad, you can look into the sunrise and know that I am here.”

“Wow. That’s pretty awesome. You do that for me?”

“Indeed. Without hesitation. Every day. Day in and day out. For you. Because I love you.”

“Nice.” I replied. “Can you step to the left. I need to take a picture of the sunrise?”

“Wait, let me touch it up just a bit.” Said the Father. And He took His finger and gracefully drew into the darkness, brightening the colors and pushing the snow clouds to the side so I have a better view. What an amazing God. One who paints life anew every single day and He does it for me.

No comments: