Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Friday, October 12, 2007

The 23rd Psalm -- Revisited


I love Psalm 23. As a child, the twenty-third was the largest passage of scripture I had to memorize. Our Sunday teacher took it a verse a week for twenty-three weeks. Before long, we had memorized it. I’m ashamed to say that as I grew into an adult, bits and pieces fell from my memory. Still I love this scripture. I encourage you to pull out your Bible and visit this portion of hope. Grab a pencil and paper and write it down in your own words.

Here is my own paraphrase of the twenty-third psalm.

Father, you are my caretaker and that is a pretty big job – You are patient beyond all measure. When I am with you in heart and soul, I never need anything. Earthly desires fade away because you fill me completely. When I worry and fret, You remind me there is no need to do so. You quiet the rumblings within me and give me rest and peace. You provide me respite.

You always show me the direction I need to go, and sometimes nudge me when I ignore you. The ways You point me, fill me with truth and righteousness. When I fail to understand why things happen I am given sustaining comfort and reassurance that You are with me ant that things will be okay.

I am amazed that when hardships befall me and I am so fearful because you protect me from the evils of earth when I am weak. I find comfort in your word and peace in my prayers.

You ready me to face those who cause me pain and I am joyful because I have all I need within Your love, for it abounds.

There is no option but for love and goodness to be with me when I am following Your will and best yet, I have the hope and promise of eternity with You.

Take time to pull out that dusty Bible and look up Psalm 23. Read it, then rewrite it in your own words. You will be amazed how you seek comfort from the Lord and how comfort is found.

Prayer: Lord, Remind us all the world does not revolve around us. May we seek Your face and find You, trusting that within Your arms there is rest. Cradle us in Your love and rock us when we fret – for You are Almighty. You are the Shepherd of the flock.

No comments: