Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Same but Different -- Sue Payne



Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

The full moon appeared in the crystal, clear night sky above the tips of tall evergreen trees lining the highway. The reflected light disguised the stars as its brilliance cast shadows within the car. “Mommy, where did the moon go?” Our direction had changed, causing the moon to “hide” below the tree line. “I think the moon is playing hide and seek!” I replied, “But it’s still there.” The moon “magically” hid and reappeared again and again, peeking out in new locations as we traveled. The entertainment continued until the moon rose too high in the sky to be seen through the car windows.

This game sparked interest in the different phases of the moon. Suddenly aware of this heavenly body, the boys began to notice the obvious changes in its size and shape. The questions came again. “ What happened to the moon?” “Did a piece break off?” “Why isn’t it the same as yesterday?” With the help of a library book, I was able to show them that part of the moon was just hiding, but it was the same moon and it was still there.

In my travels with the Lord He has appeared different at times along the road. As my life took turns for the worse, He was my strength and comfort. Climbing the mountains of success, He became my praise. On the back roads of uncertainty, He was my confidence. When I was running scared and feeling lonely, Jesus was my only hope. My journey has taken many turns, but God has remained my constant, unchanging companion and friend.

Truly, there have been times in my walk with Christ when I wondered where God was. I have ventured alone in the direction of my own desires, sorrows, and fears suddenly finding myself lost for lack of light. When I turned around I found that I was casting the shadow that hid His presence.

With the help of the book, the Bible, the Lord showed me I was the one who was hiding, and that He was there, still the same, seeking me.

Have you wondered lately where God is? He’s still there, still the same but different so that for every turn your life makes His light may shine for you and in turn you might be a reflection of His never changing love: yesterday, today, and forever.

Sue PayneSue Payne is a freelance writer whose articles have appeared in home schooling newsletters and church news bulletins. She is experienced in curriculum planning and design and uses her writing skills to encourage and teach others. Sue lives in Delaware, is married, and has two boys whom she home schooled for a total of fourteen years

No comments: