Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions

Mountain Breeze Devotions began in May of 2003. This ministry is an email ministry sending devotionals and meditations seven days a week by request.
It is the sister site of www.ChristianDevotions.US

This is the ministry of authors Cindy Sproles and Eddie Jones. Two friends brought together to serve the Father -- to spread the word to those who may not know and to promote the art and writers of Christian writing.

Welcome to Mountain Breeze Devotions --Cindy Sproles, author

Monday, August 11, 2008

Guest Devotionalist -- Emme Gannon

REST IN HIM

Click on this button to hear this devotion - Listen to Rest In Him- By Emme Gannon


Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord, point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by Your truth and teach me . . . my hope is in You.” Psalm 25:4

I felt like my life was falling apart, and I didn’t have the energy to do anything about it. Why, I asked myself. I have a good husband, great kids. I prayed and read God’s word, but my mind ran ahead, zooming past the message that I knew God intended for me. I needed to release my subconscious from the lies of life and get free of the resultant physical and emotional stress. I needed to hear the voice of God.

Sometimes drastic conditions require drastic measures. With my husband’s blessing, I headed to the beach for two weeks alone. I was ready for a spiritual, emotional, and physical detox.

I arrived at the small cottage prepared to receive. No TV, no radio, just Him and His Word. Keeping secrets from myself and not trying to control every detail of my world needed to be eliminated. Instead, I would allow myself to feel the anger and emotion and then give it to the Lord. I kept a journal—an honest journal—not one filled with sanctimonious ramblings that future generations could read and delight in. I let the darkness that was covering my soul fill the pages.

When I was honest with Him, Jesus did an amazing thing. He showed me where the pain was coming from. He gave me His perspective. He exchanged the lies I believed about myself and Him with His truth, thus changing the filter through which I interpreted my life. He returned my joy.

That was three years ago and I daily reap the gift of that sabbatical. I have learned the necessity of being alone with Him and opening my hurting heart so He can lead me by His truth and teach me His ways.

Lord, show us today the hurting places that need your touch. Reveal the insecurities that rob us of our joy and silence the song You have chosen us to sing, the word You have ordained that we speak, the task You have created us to do. Show us how to release control to You and trust You with our lives. For You are good.



Emme Gannon is an award-winning writer and trained facilitator in healing prayer. She and her husband have two grown children and four grandchildren.

Labels: , ,

No comments: